Nicole Hemmer has taught US history as a teaching assistant at Columbia University, as a lecturer at Manchester (College) University, as a visiting lecturer at the US Studies Centre at the University of Sydney, and as a visiting assistant professor at the University of Miami. At Miami, Hemmer offers a range of courses on 20th century America:
- History of the United States Since 1877
- Conservatism in America Since 1945
- Before Occupy and the Tea Party: Social Movements in 20th Century America
- Suburbia: Culture and Politics in America’s Suburbs
- Purchasing Power: Consumer Culture and Politics in 20th Century America
- The American Century: U.S. Foreign Policy Since 1898
These courses blend argument-driven lectures, in-class discussions, and multimedia primary sources to help students develop analytical skills and an awareness of history as a compelling and relevant discipline.
Click for syllabi.